June 19, 2018 10:48 AM Chatham dad Daniel Lee Scott 'choked on chunk of meat' in Goa, inquest hears
Mystery surrounds the death of a devoted young dad who reportedly died with food trapped in his throat hours after playing on the beach with his toddler. Daniel Lee Scott, partner Jade and Jack, aged two, had started their luxury holiday in the paradise resort of Goa in India when tragedy struck. The family had spent the day at a water park where Jack enjoyed 50
June 19, 2018 1:03 AM So THAT'S why the car engine is purring! Man travels 80 miles before realising a cat is stuck in the grille
Steven Kane had travelled 80 miles in his Ford before he realised the real reason his engine was purring. Curled up behind the grille at the front of the car was an unfortunate tabby who had hitched a ride. It wasn’t until the car pulled up at the seaside at Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, that Mr Kane heard miaowing and found the cat, a little bewildered but luckily 25
June 18, 2018 1:38 AM Road accidents involving 'elderly' drivers
* 91-year-old woman died in Royal Perth Hospital after a two-car collision, June 14. * 73-year-old man saved from his burning car after it rolled in Gympie, Queensland, June 7. * Man in his 70s was lucky escape after flipping his car and caravan on the Kwinana Freeway south of Perth, June 6. * 75-year-old man died after his vehicle collided with a truck 30
May 3, 2018 4:56 PM Young seal is having to be taught to swim again after it became caught with a plastic ring around its neck could have suffered 'slow and painful death'
A young seal with life-threatening injuries has found the magic touch of caring Sea Life workers has given it a new lease on life. And it has been taught to swim again after relying on an unorthodox method to keep itself afloat in the ocean. Relashio, which was named after a Harry Potter spell, was discovered with a plastic ring around its neck off the Norfolk 27
May 3, 2018 2:06 PM Seal avoids 'slow and painful death' by air vent filter
A young seal is having to be taught to swim upright, after it became used to swimming on its back because of a plastic ring stuck around its neck. It was spotted off the Norfolk coast with a deep wound caused by part of an air vent filter cutting into his flesh. After treatment, staff at Sea Life Hunstanton named him Relashio, after a Harry Potter spell 32
April 27, 2018 2:29 PM Cat-astrophe averted – after cat rescued from behind towel rail at Manchester home!
AN RSPCA officer made an unusual rescue when she was called to a family home. Inspector Natalie Avery went to a house in Holmcroft Road, Gorton, on Monday – after a cat got wedged behind a metal bathroom towel rail. “He’d run into their house through an open door and when he spotted them inside he panicked and ran into the bathroom to hide in the smallest 23
April 24, 2018 8:32 PM Correction: Hotshots Statue story
PHOENIX (AP) - In a story April 21 about a statue honoring Arizona wildland firefighters who died in a 2013 fire, The Associated Press reported erroneously, in one instance, the last name of the sculptor. He is Matt Glenn, not Glass. PHOENIX (AP) - A life-sized statue was unveiled Saturday honoring 19 members of a firefighting team known as the Granite 22
April 24, 2018 6:10 AM RSPCA gets FIVE animal cruelty calls a day in Wiltshire
RSPCA inspectors probed almost 1,800 animal abuse reports in Wiltshire last year – the equivalent of five calls a day. They included a man banned for life from keeping animals after killing one dog and abusing another, and a Pinehurst snake feared to have frozen to death. The number of reports from members of the public were up slightly from 2016, when RSPCA 26
April 9, 2018 3:30 PM Indian school bus plunges into gorge, 'killing 27 children'
At least 30 people, most of them children, have died after a school bus fell into a gorge in a mountainous region of India, officials say. Most of the passengers were below the age of 10, police said. The bus driver and two teachers were also killed in the accident on Monday evening. Road accidents are common in India, often due to poor driving or badly 31
April 8, 2018 3:33 PM Police smash car window to rescue dog which was left inside for FOUR HOURS on the hottest day of the year after passers-by left angry notes on the pet owner's vehicle
Police were forced to smash a car window to rescue a dog who had been trapped inside for four hours on the hottest day of the year. Residents left angry notes for the pet owner on the car in Hertford but police had to break into the vehicle to save the poor pooch's life. The dog was trapped in the vehicle at a car park on Friday as temperatures rose to 16C. East Herts 26