1. ENJOY a free evening of entertainment tomorrow in aid of the Poole Hospital Charity, at St Aldhelm’s Church in Branksome, which is decorated with 60 Christmas trees. There will be live music courtesy of Funky Little Choir and free mince pies and winter punch.
2. Go for a sail with Santa around Poole Harbour. Departing from Poole Quay and sailing for approximately one hour and 15 minutes. Book through City Cruises.
3. There will be two performances of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra’s festive spectacular featuring music from The Snowman and The Nutcracker at Lighthouse, Poole at 3pm and 7pm on Tuesday.
5. Meet Father Christmas at Kingston Lacy near Wimborne this weekend. Entry £5. Booking essential, 0344 249 1895.
6. Carols in the Corn Market at Wimborne is a magical candlelit community event, now in its 12th year, from 6pm. Visitors will be given glow sticks.
7. A Christmas Craft Market takes place in The Shambles at Blandford on Friday from 8am to 3pm.
8. Everyone is invited to dress up as their favourite nativity character and join a parade starting at 10am at Fisherman’s Walk Bandstand in Southbourne on Saturday.
9. Sing all your best-loved carols at the Lighthouse, Poole at 7.30pm on Saturday.
10. The Macmillan White Christmas Dip, now in its tenth year, takes place at the beach off Boscombe Pier at 10.30am. Registration from 9.45am.