Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Man 'lay dead in tent for a year' near Weston-super-Mare

August 10, 2018 7:23 AM
16 0
Man 'lay dead in tent for a year' near Weston-super-Mare

A man lay dead in a tent for up to a year before being found, police have revealed.

The body was discovered near Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, on 15 August last year, but efforts to trace his next-of-kin have been unsuccessful.

PC Andy Henderson said: "This is a really sad case of a man who appears to have been sleeping rough and whose death seems to have gone unreported."

Documents were found with the man but he has not been formally identified.

Inside the tent, which was found near the A370, were a newspaper dated August 2016 and a driving licence and birth certificate.

"It would appear he had been dead for up to a year before he was found and due to the condition of the remains it has been extremely difficult to establish for certain who he is," PC Henderson, of Avon and Somerset Police, said.

"Based on the documentation found, we believe the man to be called Peter Thomas Harrison who was born in Birmingham and would either have been aged 59 or 60 when he died.

"We also believe he was a driver by trade and had spent recent years in and around the Weston-super-Mare area."

Mr Henderson added that extensive enquiries had been made but had not come to fruition, hence the public appeal.

Also read: Diana Sowle dead: Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory actress dies aged 88

Source: bbc.co.uk

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0