Commuters avoided widespread disruption this morning despite parts of central London still being cordoned off following Saturday night's terror attack with armed police still patrolling the streets.
Several roads around London Bridge remain closed as police continue their forensic investigations but the train station has now reopened.
Tube services are running as normal, while Network Rail said it would be exit only for trains travelling through the station.
Concrete and metal barriers have been set up at Westminster, Lambeth and Waterloo bridges today and it is understood 'physical measures' will be installed across the city's bridges to prevent similar attacks in the future.
Meanwhile Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick has vowed that officers will 'step up a gear' with more armed officers hitting the streets to provide reassurance.
Hospitals have also increased security measures with more personnel brought in at Guy's Hospital in London Bridge and nearby St Thomas' Hospital.
However, Transport for London has asked passengers to avoid the station during rush hour because the only entrance/exit to the Tube station is via Tooley Street.
London Bridge is closed southbound but open northbound to both traffic and pedestrians. Members of the public were pictured crossing it this morning.
Other roads still closed include Southwark Bridge, Borough High Street, Southwark Street, Lower Thames Street, King William Street, Gracechurch Street and Canon Street.
It comes as police continue to carry out forensic investigations in the area following the attack which killed seven and critically injured 21 others.
Tube services are running as normal, while Network Rail said it would be exit only for trains travelling through the station (pictured)
There was a heavy police presence in and around the London Bridge area of central London this morning (pictured)
The station is a major gateway into the capital city, used by more than 50,000 passengers from Kent, Surrey and Sussex every day.
Borough station had been closed in the aftermath of the rampage, but was finally reopened with the permission of the police on Sunday evening.
Met police assistant commissioner Mark Rowley said cordons around the area 'will have an impact on travel arrangements as we head into Monday morning'.
He urged passengers to check with train and travel operators, with many confirming they would be running reduced services due to the closures.
Southeastern said its services will be travelling through London Bridge to Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street stations.
Services which usually terminate at London Bridge will stop at either South Bermondsey or New Cross Gate.
Trains from and to London Victoria and the Gatwick Express are not affected, but are subject to other scheduled changes due to engineering works.
Souther services to and from Tonbridge, Horsham and Caterham will terminate at New Cross Gate. Shuttle buses will be in operation between the stations.
Jubilee and Northern line trains are running as normal but will not stop at London Bridge station.
Buses that cross London Bridge or travel nearby are being diverted. They include the numbers 15, 17, 21, 35, 40, 43, 47, 48, 133, 141, 149, 343, 344, 381, 521 and RV1.
Those whose offices are within the police cordon were not allowed to enter their workplaces on Sunday, with similar restrictions expected in the morning.
Ms Dick told BBC Breakfast she is 'enormously proud' of the officer, who was in a serious condition in hospital on Monday morning.
Officers investigating Saturday's attack are working to establish whether the militants were supported by anyone else, the head of the city's police force said on Monday.
Ms Dick told the BBC: 'A very high priority for us obviously is to try to understand whether they were working with anyone else, whether anybody else was involved in the planning of this attack and to find out the background to it.
She told BBC Breakfast she is 'enormously proud' of the officer, who was in a serious condition in hospital on Monday morning.
Ms Dick refused to comment on the identity of the attackers or what was found inside the van used in the atrocity.
The Met officer was having a drink with friends after work when he saw his uniformed colleagues and members of the public being 'severely assaulted'.
'My understanding is that, without hesitation, wearing his normal clothes, he dived in and tried to assist, and he I'm afraid was himself severely injured but utterly heroic,' she said.
Ms Dick also commended bystanders who stayed with the officer and administered first aid before he was driven to hospital.
Police believe they know the identity of the three attackers and have taken 12 people into custody in a series of raids across east London in an investigation involving thousands of officers, she added.
'Clearly there's a huge operation, both to make sure that we can keep people safe at that immediate scene, examine the scene and roll out proper protection across London for individuals, for events, for crowded places,' she said.
Police have foiled 18 terror plots since 2013 and arrest around one person every day in counter-terror raids, Ms Dick said.
'We have very good intelligence and we are frequently able to disrupt or indeed provide highly effective protection when we think an event or a particular place is at risk,' she added.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust said it also was 'stepping up' the presence of its own security.
Patients attending appointments at Guy's or St Thomas' hospitals were also reminded to bring photo identification with them to appointments.
In a statement on its website, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust said: 'We are operating with enhanced security, but services are running as normal.
The NHS trust was one of five across the capital which treated victims of the attack.
Nine patients were taken to the emergency department of St Thomas' hospital - which is situated on the south side of Westminster Bridge where another terror attack took place in March.
Meanwhile, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust urged patients and visitors to be 'vigilant'.
In a statement on it's website, the trust said: 'Following the incidents at London Bridge and Borough Market, our own security team will be stepping up their presence on our campuses.
Meanwhile London's bridges will be protected by increased 'physical measures' in a bid to protect pedestrians from future terror attacks, it has been announced.
Security is being ramped up on river crossings across the capital following the London Bridge attack, after pedestrians were labelled 'sitting ducks'.
Authorities are likely to face questions again after the London Bridge attack about whether the perpetrators were on their radar and whether any opportunities to intervene were missed.
The sheer volume of activity being undertaken by MI5 and its partners to contain the threat was laid bare in the wake of the Manchester bombing last month.
Figures show the agency is managing around 500 active investigations involving around 3,000 individuals at any one time.
But in addition there are also a larger pool of as many as 20,000 people who have been considered at some point in the past but are not included in the live probes.
Thirty-six people remain in hospital, including 21 in critical condition, following the attack on Saturday night.
Desperate families are begging for information on loved ones feared missing after the attack, including a 16-year-old girl who failed to return home on Saturday night.